Lesson: 05 Copyright
Copyright is a subject of much legal and moral debate. While we do not presume to be able to answer the questions surrounding copyright, we do believe that students should become familiar with a variety of perspectives on copyright issues. With that in mind, this lesson introduces the fundamentals of copyright, pre-assesses student knowledge of copyright issues, and introduces the anchor task.
1. Click here to show the short movie clip about copyright.
2. Engage students in a discussion about copyright issues. Discuss the following questions. See Appendix 13, Copyright for possible answers.
3. Explain and give out copies of the anchor task, the rubrics and the anchor task roles.
4. Assign the Creating Online Group Collaboration site information for each group, See Appendix 4.
5. Give the link for the Linkography document, Appendix 5, and the reflection paper.
6. Divide the students up into their groups for the anchor task.
7. Engage students in a discussion, reflecting on views and opinions of different stakeholders- Media (record, movie, and book) companies, artists, consumers.
Connections to Standards:
Time needed to teach:
For security reasons, new comments have been disabled.